Club Foam is a dynamic group of photography and art enthusiasts between the ages of 25 and 40 who are actively involved with Foam.
Through the Club you can expand your knowledge of photography, discover surprising cultural areas/venues/spaces. You will help build a growing and diverse network of young (international) lovers of photography, art and culture. Moreover, your membership will sponsor Foam projects.
MASTERCLASSES AND MEETINGS
Club Foam takes you inside the world of photography. Foam offers a rich programme that will open the doors to the international photography scene, covering all aspects of photography: from masterclasses in photography collecting by curators and collectors, to meetings with photographers during a studio or gallery visit, exclusive private tours at Foam outside opening hours, an annual portrait by a professional photographer, and the Club Foam dinner, where we bring you up to date on the latest trends in photography.
Club Foam has a lot to offer, but your membership supports Foam in return. Thanks to your contribution, Foam can develop new projects and continue successful initiatives. We are happy to show you how your contributions are utilised: from a young talent exhibition to a new acquisition to the collection.
AN INVOLVED CLUB
Club Foam is involved and personal. The programme of activities is inspiring and innovative, but most of all, small-scale. Some activities are for the entire club, like our annual dinner, while other activities offer space to a limited amount of members. This way, getting to know Foam and each other is easy. Club Foam is there for photography enthusiasts and connoisseurs who are looking to expand their knowledge of photography and are interested in meeting their peers.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Club Foam membership fee is €450 per year or €39 per month. Many activities allow you to bring a guest. The greater part of your membership fee (€300) is a donation, which Foam utilises in the development of new activities. Thanks to special tax incentives for donations to cultural institutions, this can amount to substantial fiscal benefits. By committing to five years of membership you will (in most cases) be eligible for an additional fiscal advantage, reducing the net fee to €307 or €261 per year. This special fiscal advantage will be in place through at least 2021.
CLUB FOAM BENEFITS
- The annual Club Foam dinner where Foam curators bring you up to date on the current state of affairs in photography.
- Twice a year, an exclusive gallery and/or studio visit.
- Two exclusive private tours of Foam Editions with and by photographers. Annual photography workshops at Foam, to learn about the choices photographers are faced with in their work practice.
- The possibility of pre-registering for public Foam events, like lectures, theme and film nights.
- A subscription to Foam Magazine of three issues per year: a selection of portfolios of the best contemporary photographers, curated by Foam.
- An annual masterclass in collecting photography at Foam Editions
- A personal invitation and passe-partout to Unseen, the international photography fair in Amsterdam organised in part by Foam.
FURTHER MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Every year, a personal portrait by a professional photographer
- The Club Foam membership card, granting you free access to Foam and ten renowned photography museums abroad for two additional guests
- Invitations to all festive Foam exhibition openings
- Invitations to all other festive Foam events, like the launch of the Foam Magazine Talent Issue
- 10% dicount in the Foam museum bookstore (foreign titles)
Foam is supported by the BankGiro Loterij, De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, Foam Members, Gemeente Amsterdam, Olympus and the VandenEnde Foundation.